Welcome to Summerville Fire & Rescue
Summerville Fire-Rescue (SFR) will utilize its resources to deliver fire, rescue and life safety services to the community. Our focus will be public education and prevention, preparation of our personnel, and safe and effective response.
- Safety/well-being of personnel: SFR recognizes that our personnel is our most precious resource. Their safety and well-being is paramount and will not be unnecessarily jeopardized in order to complete other objectives.
- Be Ready attitude: Personnel of SFR recognize that the fire service is called upon to respond to many types of emergency and non-emergency needs of the community. We will make every effort to be prepared to handle these needs through a commitment to training and preparing for the duties of our chosen trade.
- Personal accountability: We will take ownership of our conduct and actions whether on or off-duty.
- Trust: We will establish and maintain the trust of our community and fellow firefighters.
- Compassion: SFR personnel recognizes that we often see our citizens during their worst times. We will show compassion to our citizens and make every attempt to empathize with them during those times.
- Integrity: SFR personnel recognizes that in order to establish and maintain public trust, our actions, whether on or off-duty, must remain in line with our values. We will make every effort to live up to the values established in this mission statement and follow all rules and regulations set forth in the departmental policies and procedures manual as well as laws that govern our state and country.
- Teamwork: We will work as one team along with our neighboring departments to accomplish our mission.
- Service: SFR is committed to providing excellent service to our customers. We will make every effort to respond to the needs of our community no matter how big or small the request may be.